My Home: Cluck & Crumb Blog Search

Sunday, April 28, 2024

Sunday Clucker Chronicles: A Feathered Tale of two Roosters.

Hello,


I'd like to introduce you to my chicken flock with their cluck, cluck, bawk! My first flock is a backyard mix that includes one large Barred Rock rooster and seven hens. The second flock consists of two groups of Silkies. I have a set of white Silkies (one cockerel and one pullet) and a set of black with white splash Silkies. I've had the Silkies for five months. They are quite small compared to my standard-sized birds, but their size doesn't stop them from mingling with the larger flock. My white cockerel, Edgar, fearlessly, or perhaps foolishly, challenges my head rooster, Gomez, who is three times Edgar's size. Watching the little fluff ball jump and chest bump a full-sized rooster is both comical and entertaining. Gomez, seeming more annoyed than anything, flaps his wings and gives Edgar a peck on the head, which sends him running across the yard in a frantic, anime-like waddle-run. Cheers to our feathered friends, who have made a lasting impression on our hearts and enriched our lives in ways we never imagined. Next Sunday, I will introduce you to the rest of my little silkies, until then have a fantastic week.

Gomez
Edgar






No comments:

Post a Comment